Saturday, September 24, 2005

NF Feather

We hit up the North Fork Feather release this weekend curtesy of every paddlers best friend, American Whitewater (AW). Lot of old friends there as normal and good weather. Saturday Dan and I ripped a quick Cresta run down to the crazy slalom course set up for the afternoons race. I'm not sure if it was the unconventional course or me being not on my game but I had two miserable runs so I was out of the running for an early pick at the best of that evenings prize giving. Nevertheless I still scored a great drybag and the party was a raging sucess. We bivvyed out at Belden town on a clear night and fired up for a couple of runs of Tobin in the morning. Water seemed better than the 1000cfs that we expected and Jessica, James and Dan joined us for the fun, though James and Dans adrenalin meters looked a little pegged, especially after Dan narrowly missed swim at the putin in class II. James took some awesome shots with his digital Nikon on the first run. which he sat out. Then Dan sat out the second run and shot some more. Enjoy.....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home