Thursday, December 01, 2005

Xmas in November

In keeping with my tightass tradition I went home to the UK at Thanksgiving so I can do other stuff at Xmas. Predictably the weather bordered on insanely bad; gale force winds, hail, rain and snow. Undetered I headed down to Anglesey to meet Gary/Wendy/Rach/Chris with all the offspring in tow. Chris demonstrated true UK grit by going windsurfing in a force 7 with temps hovering just above freezing. Gary and I amused ourselves by rescuing another lemming off the rocks where he had washed up exausted.




Rach and Wendy demonstrated remarkable culinary skills my making a full christmas dinner, with which I managed to make myself ill by gorging myself. Somehow we didn't give any of the kids frost bite or hypothermia despite our best efforts. Woke on monday back at my mums to 4" of new snow so I went hiking with my dad around Dovestones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home